2022 U.S. Open Tickets Sweepstakes: Official Rules
To enter and participate in this Sweepstakes, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
No Purchase Necessary To Enter Or Win. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. You must have Internet access and an active e-mail account to participate.
1. Eligibility: The “2022 U.S. Open Tickets Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington D.C., who are at least eighteen (18) years of age (or the age of majority in his/her/their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older). Employees of the United States Golf Association (“USGA” or "Sponsor") and their immediate family and household members, are not eligible to enter or win. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether related or not. Potential winner may be required to provide proof of eligibility prior to prize award. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins at or about 12:00 a.m. ET on March 25, 2022 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on March 27, 2022 (“Promotion Period”).
3. Sweepstakes Entry: Navigate the Internet to www.usopen.com or www.usga.org (“Website”). You will be instructed to complete an entry form to register for the Sweepstakes by submitting your full name, current address, email address and date of birth. To submit your entry, click the “Submit” button on the Sweepstakes page. Proof of inputting information at the Website is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Sponsor. Receipt of entry may be acknowledged but such acknowledgment does not constitute a representation by Sponsor as to eligibility of entry and is not otherwise binding upon Sponsor.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND FULLY AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. DO NOT SUBMIT AN ENTRY WITHOUT FIRST REVIEWING THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
Limit one (1) entry per person during the Promotion Period regardless of the number of email addresses or accounts a person may have. Multiple entries in excess of this limitation or mass entry attempts may result in disqualification of all entries by such person or e-mail address and may constitute tampering. Entries must be manually key-stroked by the entrant; use of automated entry devices or programs, or entries by third parties, are prohibited. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures, Acts of God, acts or regulations of any governmental or supra-national authority, war, national emergency, accident, fire, riot, strikes, lock-outs, industrial disputes, epidemic/pandemic, acts of terrorism, or other matters beyond Sponsor's control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct the Sweepstakes and award the prizes in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of termination/modification/suspension of Sweepstakes will be posted at the Website. Without limitation of any other term herein, Sponsor is not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, technical failures of any kind (including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software), any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from participating in the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
4. Random Drawing and Odds: A potential prize winner will be selected by a random drawing on or about March 28, 2022. There will be one (1) Grand Prize drawing. The random drawing will consist of all eligible entries received and recorded by Sponsor’s computer by the end of the Promotion Period. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
Odds of winning depends on total number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
5. Winner Notifications: A potential winner will be notified by e-mail on or about March 29, 2022. Failure to respond to the initial verification e-mail within three (3) business days after notification or return of e-mail notification as undeliverable after two (2) attempts may result in forfeiture of winner status and prize, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Potential winner may be required to sign and return, within five (5) business days from date of transmission, an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, W-9, and a Publicity Release where allowed by law and any other documentation required by Sponsor (collectively, “Winner Documents”). If the Winner Documents are not returned within the specified time period (if applicable), potential winner may be disqualified. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting email account. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
6. Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”):
One (1) winner will receive two (2) Gallery tickets to attend the Thursday (June 16, 2022) round of the 2022 U.S. Open Championship at The Country Club in Brookline, Massachusetts. The Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for travel to and from the 2022 U.S. Open Championship. The ARV of the Grand Prize is $470.00.
Winner is solely responsible for any and all unspecified expenses incurred in conjunction with prize acceptance and use, including but not limited to travel to and from the 2022 U.S. Open Championship.
No substitution or transfer of prize (or portion thereof) except with Sponsor’s permission or where required by law. If for any reason any announced prize (or portion thereof) becomes unavailable, Sponsor in its sole discretion may award a substitute prize/prize component of equal or greater value (except as otherwise indicated herein). Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
Federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Regarding taxes, the winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of any prize valued at $600 or more and agrees to provide Sponsor with any and all requested information/materials so that they can comply with applicable governmental reporting requirements.
SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF ANY PRIZE COMPONENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
7. Conditions and Limitations of Liability: By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects; and (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, The Country Club, each of the foregoing entities’ respective parent, subsidiary, related, affiliated and successor companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, and/or from entrant’s acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of any prize or component thereof (including without limitation, any failure to pay taxes thereon).
By accepting a prize, winner grants Sponsor and its designees permission to use his/her/their name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence on a winner’s list (if applicable) and for programming, publicity and promotional purposes, worldwide in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor and their designees are not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor's sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. Sweepstakes subject to the laws of the United States only. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged.
8. Disputes; Arbitration/Choice Of Law: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the awarding of prizes/determination of prize winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of JAMS, then effective (notwithstanding the foregoing, entrant shall not be precluded from seeking relief in small claims court for disputes/claims within the scope of the jurisdiction of small claims court and any remedies available to entrant under applicable federal, state or local law remain available to entrant and are not waived pursuant to this section); (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any and all rights to injunctive relief. The arbitrator hearing such dispute/claim/cause of action shall be neutral and the entrant will have a reasonable opportunity to participate in the selection of the arbitrator. Such arbitration will take place at a location near the entrant’s residence and the entrant has the right to an in-person hearing in the arbitration proceeding, if desired. The arbitration will allow for the discovery and/or exchange of non-privileged information between entrant and Sponsor. Should an entrant initiate arbitration pursuant to this section, the entrant shall be responsible for JAMS’s fees to do so (approximately, $250), with all other costs of such arbitration being borne solely by Sponsor. If entrant is a California resident and Sponsor is the prevailing party in such arbitration, such entrant will not be responsible for Sponsor’s costs and fees in conjunction with the arbitration proceeding; BUT, IN ALL OTHER CASES, ENTRANT WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH COSTS/FEES IF REQUIRED BY THE ARBITRATOR’S RULING. For the avoidance of doubt, the requirement to arbitrate disputes pursuant to this section is reciprocal and binding both upon entrants and Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of New York or any other jurisdiction, and all proceedings shall take place in the City of New York, County of New York.
9. Sponsor: United States Golf Association, 77 Liberty Corner Road, Liberty Corner, New Jersey 07938.
10. Winners’ List: For the name of the winner, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: USGA c/o 2022 U.S. Open Tickets Sweepstakes, 77 Liberty Corner Road, Liberty Corner, New Jersey 07938. Requests must be received